Come hear national expert, Pete Wright!
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS (Download Event Flyer to Share)
The Wrightslaw Special Education Law & Advocacy Conference is designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education; it is not disability specific.
Presenter Pete Wright will focus on four areas:
- Special education law, rights & responsibilities
- Tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- Introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
- A full-day seminar by expert Pete Wright (See agenda)
- Three Wrightslaw books – Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed., Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Ed., and Wrightslaw: All About IEPs provided the morning of the conference and then, within a week after the program, Wrightslaw will email those three books to each attendee in the adobe.pdf format. The three print and pdf books retail for $103.70.
EDUCATOR & PARENT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
Educators may apply for a Reading Horizon’s Scholarship (5 total) to cover the event registration fee. The application period is open until February 21st. Awardees will be notified by February 28th. Apply here.
Educators within Summit County, UT may apply for a PC READS Professional Development Grant to cover registration fees. Click here for more information.
Parents may apply for a Hall Family Fund Scholarship (10 total) which reduces the event registration fee to $50. The application period is open until February 21st. Awardees will be notified by February 28th. Apply here.
CLE (Continuing Legal Education) Credits: 6.0 CLE Credits have been approved through the Utah’s State Board of Continuing Legal Education. There is an additional fee of $25.
CEUs (Continuing Education Units): 0.6 units have been approved through Delta State University. There is an additional fee of $20.
*EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!! Register by March 1st and save $45 off the regular General Rate. Early Bird registrants will also receive FREE adobe.pdf downloads of Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed and Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2017, retail value $34.90.
SPONSORSHIP & VENDOR OPPORTUNITIES: Please review our Sponsorship Flyer email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries. Thank you!