10/28/20 UPDATE: FEWER THAN 20 SEATS REMAIN!
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS (Download Conference Flyer to Share!)
The Wrightslaw Special Education Law & Advocacy Conference is designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education; it is not disability specific.
Presenter Pete Wright will focus on four areas:
- Special education law, rights & responsibilities
- Tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- Introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
- A full-day seminar by expert Pete Wright (See agenda).
- Access to seminar recordings for a limited time after the event.
- Three Wrightslaw books – Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed., Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Ed., and Wrightslaw: All About IEPs. These three books will be shipped out to Early Bird registrants the week of October 19th. A second shipment will be mailed via Priority Mail shortly after registration closes on November 1st. Registrants will also receive a link to download the adobe.pdf versions of the books in advance of the training. The three print and pdf books retail for $103.70.
Registration is available online at Eventbrite.com. To pay by check, download the Wrightslaw Wrightslaw Conference Registration Form for Oct to print and mail. (Updated form will be available by 9/25/20.)
SUMMIT COUNTY, UTAH – LOCALS DISCOUNT
Residents of Summit County, UT may use the promo code “Local” at registration to receive the Early Bird price through November 1st. Registration zip codes will be used to verify residence.
CLE (Continuing Legal Education) Credits: 6.0 CLE Credits have been approved through the Utah’s State Board of Continuing Legal Education. There is an additional fee of $25.
CEUs (Continuing Education Units): 0.6 units have been approved through Delta State University. There is an additional fee of $20.
*EXTENDED EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!! Register by October 15th and save $45 off the regular General Rate. Early Bird registrants will also receive FREE adobe.pdf downloads of Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed and Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2017, retail value $34.90.
REFUND POLICY: As the conference will be recorded and shared for a limited time, we will not be issuing any refunds for purchases after September 15th. Registrants who purchased tickets for the original April 2020 event will have one week to cancel their registrations per email. These requests for cancellations must be received by Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
SEPTEMBER UPDATE: Thank you to all who completed our survey about this event. We are very excited to announce that this conference will be VIRTUAL on November 10th! An email was sent to all current registrants on September 23rd and ticket sales will reopen on September 24th.
EDUCATOR & PARENT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: