PC READS is committed to providing professional development opportunities to educators and plans local events annually. Additionally, we have partnered with the Hall Family Foundation to award local educators grants of up to $500 per teacher and $250 per tutor towards other professional development opportunities, such as conferences, webinars or certification programs.
PC READS shares conferences and training opportunities on the sidebar to the right. Both the Dyslexia Training Institute and Learning Ally offer training opportunities throughout the year. If there is a specific topic of interest for which you would like a professional development opportunity, please let us know. Additionally, please contact us if you would like PC READS to provide professional development to your school.
Upcoming professional development opportunities include:
Save the Date!
October 2 & 3, 2018 – Wasatch Reading Summit
GRANT AWARDS & SCHOOL PRESENTATIONS
May 2018: Scholarships awarded to four (4) PCSD educators to attend the 2018 Wasatch Reading Summit, which will be held in October 2018. Recipients: Larissa Fomuke (Treasure Mountain Junior High) and Sasha Borba, Kara Cook & Amanda West (Parley’s Park Elementary).
March 2018: Scholarships awarded to two (2) PCSD educators:
- Tracey Bowers (Parley’s Park Elementary): $500 towards completing the Capstone Course of the USBE Reading Interventionist Endorsement in Spring 2018
- Angie Dufner (McPolin Elementary): $350 towards the Wilson Level 1 Workshop, a prerequisite to Wilson Level 1 Certification
- Dyslexia Awareness Presentation at Parley’s Park Elementary School
November 2017: Scholarships awarded to three (3) PCSD educators:
- Alane Gaspari (Parley’s Park Elementary): $500 towards the MultiSensory Math 1 Distance Learning Program through ASDEC
- Pam Strasser (Trailside Elementary): $500 towards completing the Capstone Course of the USBE Reading Interventionist Endorsement in Spring 2018
- Sherry Barski (Jeremy Ranch Elementary(: $500 towards completing the Capstone Course of the USBE Reading Interventionist Endorsement in Spring 2018
October 2017: Scholarships awarded to four (4) PCSD educators to attend the Wasatch Reading Summit. Recipients: Joanna Hammel (McPolin Elementary), Kara Cook (Parley’s Park Elementary), Kit Howard (Trailside Elementary) and Renee Linford (Jeremy Ranch Elementary).
March 2017: Dyslexia Awareness Presentation at Trailside Elementary School
December 2016: 4 Scholarships awarded to PCSD educators for Learning Ally’s Spotlight on Dyslexia Online Conference Recipients: Julie Hastings & Nora Macchia (McPolin Elementary) and Susan Minecci & Pam Strasser (Trailside Elementary).
November 2016: Dyslexia Awareness Presentation at McPolin Elementary School
April 2016: Dyslexia for a Day. This event featured speakers from the Dyslexia Training Institute and included an overview of dyslexia, a dyslexia simulation and an introduction to Structured Word Inquiry. Over 60 people attended the event, including many educators. Every participant also received a book about dyslexia. Click here for the event book list.